Emergency Operations Center
The City’s Emergency Operations Center is the information hub. The EOC team - fire department, police department, public works, and public information officer - man the EOC. Other City departments are kept on alert to provide needed services if disaster does strike. Types of situations that may require activation of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and implementation of the Emergency Operations Plan include:
- Serious and/or long-term hazardous materials incidents.
- Preparation for, or results of, severe storms.
- Situations which, result in mass casualties, significant numbers of homeless citizens or fires of conflagration proportions.
- Plane crash incidents.
- Major transportation or industrial incidents.
- Major structural collapse situations.
- Civil disturbances.
- Major public events.
- Any situation requiring significant or extensive warning to the public.
- Acts of terrorism.
- Shelter Operations.
Know the risk, have a plan, and practice it before severe weather strikes. Weather safety tips are available on the National Weather service website.
Other Helpful Website