General Election Information
The City Secretary's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas. The governing and lawmaking body of the City shall consist of the mayor and five council members who shall be elected for two-year terms. All places, including the Mayor, will be elected from the City at large by place.
Filing requirements as per state statute, available on the Secretary of State's website , please see below for eligibility for Office.
Candidate Eligibility for Office - Local Government Code 141.001
Texas Secretary of State - Important Dates for Candidates
Voter Registration Status
View the Texas Secretary of State Registration Page to register to vote or to confirm your voter registration status.
Future Municipal Elections
- May 2024 - Elect Council Member Places 4, 5 and Mayor
- May 2025 - Elect Council Member Places 1, 2 and 3
Other elections may be called as need in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
- Information for Candidates - Texas Secretary of State
- Candidate Financial Filing Information - Texas Ethics Commission
- Voter Information (including registering to vote, future State election dates, and Voter ID look up) - VoteTexas.gov
Find additional election-related dates and information on the Secretary of State's website (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Questions regarding elections may be sent to Shaina Odom, City Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 817-636-2462.